Thursday, June 17, 2010

Endorsement from the Attorney General?

Last Saturday night I had a chance to speak with Attorney General Mark Shurtleff in private for several minutes. We had a chance to discuss white collar crime in Utah County, and he agreed with me that we're failing in Utah County and have got to do better. (Note that we've seen an increase for investment fraud claims from $14 million in 2006 to $104 million in 2009 in Utah County.)

Mark asked me several additional questions, and then ended the conversation by saying he would not endorse either me or my opponent.

Then at our debate on Wednesday night I disagreed with my opponent when he claimed he was endorsed by Shurtleff.

Well, it turns out that Shurtleff had apparently changed his mind since he spoke to me on Saturday, and decided to endorse my opponent, without telling me.

So, my apologies for any confusion. Shurtleff had not informed me that he had changed his mind, and I was relying on my last conversation with him.